Thursday, December 17, 2009

Pecan Pie Torte


I'm not a fan of pecan pie at all because of all the gooeyness. I can't even watch anyone eat a piece. However, this recipe sounded so good and non-gooey that I had to try it. You can find it here:
Pecan Pie Torte
It was REALLY good. My only problem was that the filling came up to the very edge of the pan which caused it to leak between the pan and the crust. That made it extremely hard to get it out of the pan. I'll be making it again for Christmas so I think I'll decrease the light corn syrup to a 1/2 cup and make sure I only fill the pan up to about 1/3" from the top.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE pecan pie, the gooeyer the better!!! I do have to say yours looks delicious...

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow so did the adapted recipe work for you? It looks great!
    Spidey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Cindy, decreasing the light corn syrup to 1/2 cup worked much better. It was more like a candy bar too. I also made sure that I put all the pecans into the pan but left out a bit of the liquid so it didn't spill over.

    ReplyDelete

Anyone can leave a comment now.