Monday, January 11, 2010

TE-320


I thought that these beads were a good example of how webbing and storming can take your beads to a new level of visual interest. All these are made with the new test lot from Double Helix, TE-320. The teal bead is made exactly how you're told to work striking glass. Super heat, let it cool and encase. This glass also reduces and introducing it back into the flame and getting a reduction haze and then encasing gave me more greens. For the dot bead I used stormed stringers of TE-320 and topped with clear. The next green, blue and gold bead I did my webbing technique before encasing. The last bead is my favorite. First I did my webbing technique, then applied stormed stringer to the surface in a haphazard pattern and melted it in. Then I reduced and encased it.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tips, Amy. I bought some TE 320 shards and had no idea what to do with them. Now I'm ready to break them out and play! Susan

    ReplyDelete

Anyone can leave a comment now.